sabato 25 aprile 2015

Dewey's Readathon

Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  Naples, in Italy.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?  "Treno di notte per Lisbona" and many comics!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? A cup of tea!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I love reading and books so I started  volunteering in a bookshop.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This year I'm a cheerleader of TeamSherlock (do you believe it? Sherlock Holmes is my favourite character!!!!


End of Event 
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The ones in which I worked.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Nancy Drew series.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No one. It's perfect.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? For me, nothing. I planned to have more time, but I had to work.
  5. How many books did you read? 100 pages.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Treno di notte per Lisbona (Night Train to Lisbon) by Mercier. 
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? The only one that I read. 
  8. Which did you enjoy least? - 
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? One advice to me: you do not have enough time.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'll try to have an empty day, without work, study and go on... 

HOUR 12
Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now?  Treno di notte per Libona (Night train to lisbon) by Mercier.
2. How many books have you read so far? Not even one. I read about 100 pages.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I think I will not able to finish the one I'm reading.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I went out with my friends and I have to work, so I have little time. I'm very disappointed for this.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The time is going fast, too fast.


Minichallenge: In 100 years by The girl who loved to read

I chose these books:

Harry Potter series, by J. K. Rowling
His dark materials, by P. Pullman
The third book that could become a classic... I really don't know!

Minichallenge: Plan a bookish party by christina writes


What book is your party themed around? "A study in scarlet" by Arthur Conan Doyle
What food will you serve? Cottage Pies 
What’s your signature drink? Beer
What games will you play? Cluedo (Clue)
What party favors will you send home with your guests? Magnifying glass

Currently reading: Treno di notte per Lisbona.


HOUR SIX
Minichallenge: "Picture it" by In the Forest of Stories.

(photo by The Integer Club)

I chose this photo because I'm reading "Night train to Lisbon" in which the main character is a philologist who has always lived in his books and found a comfort-zone in bookshops. He often watches the events of his life from an external point of view, as if he were in front of a shop-window.

Currently Reading: Treno di Notte per Lisbona ("Night train to Lisbon") by Mercier. 

HOUR TWO
Minichallenge:"Classic Words of Wisdom" by A literary Odyssey 

                                                             (photo from ashleyg)
The  words I chose are the ones from The Wizard of Oz. The idea of Home is everythingfor me. I surely love my very home, but I also try to feeling at home in every situation I face. If I don't feel at home, well, that situation is not for me. I try to build a piece of Home in every experience I make.

Currently reading: Treno di notte per Lisbona ("Night train to Lisbon") by Mercier.



6 commenti:

Masanobu ha detto...

Hi there, hope you are having a great readathon.

I like your interpretation of "There's no place like home", it's lovely.

Happy reading from #TeamSherlock

dodibus ha detto...

I'm really having good reading time!

Happy reading to you too!

world4anna ha detto...

I really like the quote you picked out. Home is nice. Enjoy your reading.

samantha.1020 ha detto...

It sounds like you are doing really great so far! I hope that you are having lots of fun as well. Keep up the great work and happy reading!

#TeamSherlock

Melissa (Avid Reader) ha detto...

I heard Night Train is really good, I hope you love it!

Heidenkind ha detto...

Sherlock is my favorite character, too! And I love Clue.